Veterans Services

Veterans Services

The College for Financial Planning proudly complies with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) Principles of Excellence and is committed to supporting those who have served our country. We are excited about your interest in our programs and we look forward to working with you as you pursue your academic goals. As prospective students, we are honored to have you as part of our online community and are committed to supporting all military servicemembers, veterans, and their families on their educational journey.

Available Benefits and Aid

The College accepts the benefits and will review your specific aid package during a preregistration advising appointment.

  • Chapter 33 — Post-9/11 GI Bill®
  • Chapter 30 — Montgomery GI Bill®
  • Chapter 31 — Veteran Readiness & Employment Program (VR&E)
  • Chapter 32 — Vietnam Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
  • Chapter 35 — Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
  • Chapter 1606 — Montgomery GI Bill® – Select Reserve (MGBILL-SR)

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. (VA).

Approved Programs

CFP® Education Program

Master’s programs

Professional Certifications 

Preregistration Advising

Students will meet with a School Certifying Official (SCO) to discuss enrollment in a course or program using VA benefits. The SCO is a liaison for the VA and the College for Financial Planning. The main responsibility of the SCO is to provide military servicemembers, veterans, and their family support by processing student enrollment information to the VA.

To thoroughly review your programs of interest, benefits, and available aid, we recommend all prospective and current students meet with an advisor prior to registering for any courses.

The SCO will also:

  • Assist students with completing VA forms.
  • Provide a clear explanation of how VA education benefits apply to qualifying programs.
  • Certify completed courses to the VA within the appropriate time frame.
  • Contact the VA on behalf of students with specific benefits-related questions or concerns.
  • Answer general questions about VA education benefits.
  • Provide information on available school resources.

Advising appointments can be scheduled during regular office hours as indicated below under “Contact Us”.

Services Offered Throughout Enrollment

  • Education benefits advising (with a certifying official)

Required Enrollment Documents

  • Certificate of Eligibility
  • 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training)
  • 22-5495 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training
  • MOU (Memorandum of Understanding)
  • Prior Credit Form

Student Responsibilities

Students are responsible for notifying the SCO at the College for Financial Planning within 72 hours if any of the following changes are made:

  • Increase or decrease in registered credits
  • Withdrawal from class
  • Complete withdrawal from the College
  • Enrollment using VA benefits at another school
  • Change of address
  • Incompletes received instead of final letter grades

A reduction in your course load may result in a retroactive reduction in benefits and a debt to the VA. You will be responsible for paying back any and all debts to the VA if an overpayment is made.

Contact Us

Kema Sweatt


Office Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm ET

VA Benefit Resources

To apply for VA education benefits and assistance in understanding your VA education benefits, you can contact a VA benefits representative at:


Phone: 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551 )

Email: Department of Veterans Affairs Secure email

To Get a Better Idea of What Your Payments Will Be:

Frequently Asked Questions

Will I be able to get a basic housing allowance?

It depends on your chapter of benefits and the rate of pursuit. Speak to a CFFP VA certifying official about this.

At what point can I enroll in a course?

Once all required documents and information are received.

Can I enroll in more than one course at a time?

It depends on your chapter of benefits as well as the program’s “Credit Overload” requirements which can be viewed in the College Catalog. Note: Enrolling in different programs concurrently is not typically permitted when using VA benefits (i.e a master’s course and a designation). Speak with a VA representative for further clarification.